Sunday Mornings: Untangle "knots" and stimulate the flow of prana with intervals of asana and vinyasa. Balance the chakras as you strengthen and relax.
Wednesday Evenings: Practice relaxation, meditation, and seated asanas while learning basic Sanskrit, the Yoga Sutras and the eight limbs of yoga.
Hatha yoga is so much more than just asanas!
These classes are an opportunity to explore some of the highlights of the Hatha Yoga path.
All yogis and yoginis are welcome!
These classes will not be "too hard" if you can say "yes" to most of the following:
- You have some experience in Yoga already.
- You're familiar with the basic postures.
- You enjoy trying new modifications, variations and less common poses.
- You remember to breathe deeply. (Don't worry, I'll still remind you!)
- You honor the wisdom and signals of your own body. If it hurts, you don't do it!
- You feel the benefits of yoga and are eager for more.
- You accept that yoga or "union" is both a goal and a practice.
- You recognize that every body, every pose and every day are different.
- You listen to your body and adapt the intensity of your practice accordingly.
- You allow others to practice according to their own needs and preferences.
- You appreciate the diversity and variety of yoga styles and techniques.
- You desire health, happiness and peace of mind.
- You want to develop physical and mental flexibility, strength and endurance.
- You are open to pranayama, meditation, mantras, mudras, stories and songs!
See you soon!