Thursday 5 April 2012

Snow Day Cupcakes



A BRUTAL spring storm has me house-bound today. 

Well, except for tons of shovelling that is... 

I've already done two rounds of cement-heavy-snow removal on the driveway, walkways and deck and saw that when things clear up I'll have some broken tree removal too. 

Thankfully, nothing on the roof!

Om Trayambakam to everyone on the road today, and to all the emergency service workers out there looking after everyone!


Can you spot the robin?


Before I venture out for round three,  it's time for a break. 

All these wintery workouts call for cupcakes!

Since I can't actually invite you over to share them, here's the recipe:


Mini Vegan Chocolate Cake for my Mom's birthday


Vegan Chocolate Cupcakes:

1 1/2 cups of flour
1 cup of sugar
3 Tablespoons of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1/2 teaspoon of salt. I'm using Pink Himalayan Salt for added sattva ;-)

Mix together the dry ingredients.



Ha ha ha - ignore the sloppy icing!
In another bowl combine:

6 Tbsps of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 cup of water

Add the wet ingredients to the dry, mix with a fork.  Spoon into a muffin tin.

Bake at 350 F for 18-22 minutes. 

Makes one dozen.



Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment