Thursday 19 April 2012

This Day in Her-Story


Trustee Ron Roth, right, talks to protesting students at Sherwood Park separate school board’s office on April 19, 1990.

Trustee Ron Roth, right, talks to protesting students at Sherwood Park separate school board’s office

on April 19, 1990.   Photo borrowed from the Edmonton Journal.  

Ok, weirdness of weirdness... 

That's me with the short dark hair in the center, directly below the exit sign. 

I randomly came across this online today.  I swear I didn't know it existed and wouldn't have gone looking for it even if I did! 

I never would have imagined the Journal had articles this old posted online.  When this was taken the internet didn't even exist!

When I brought it up again this evening, I noticed the date:

April 19, 1990, exactly twenty-two years ago today...

The strangeness of that co-incidence is boggling my mind, so I just had to archive it here!

Click here to read the article. 

And check out this excerpt:

“We’re urging you to solve the problem,” Tara Woltjen told trustee Ron Roth during a morning meeting at Archbishop Jordan High School. “We need our class time. We have no choice; we’ve got departmental exams coming up.”
Hahaha!  In addition to being an outspoken rebel with a cause, I guess I've always been a keen student and an advocate for education!

Have you ever experienced a co-incidence like this?  What do you think it means???

Update April 20, 2012:
 
I thought it was weird yesterday when I stumbled onto this that the Edmonton Journal would have articles this old archived.  Then I realized they don't!

They chose this article out of aaaaaalllll the articles over aaaalllll the years to represent April 19th on their "This Day in Journal History" segment!

I'm in awe... 

2 comments:

  1. wow that is so cool!! i totally spotted you before i read where it said you were!
    way to go!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! You never know what will come back to "haunt" you! I better stick to the "be good, do good" motto, huh!

    ReplyDelete